John Hugh Smyth-Pigott

Moderator: admin

John Hugh Smyth-Pigott

Postby AhmedC » 19 Jul 2009, 23:54

Another gem from MGA's closet: a clear no-strings-attached death wish for J.H. Smyth-Pigott. And he lived until 1927. And that is why you have never heard of him :)

Read detailed blog:

http://thecult.info/blog/2009/07/19/the-art-of-prophecy-hit-and-miss/

Read the original publication that the Jamaat has suppressed and never reprinted or acknowledge in any list of MGA publications:

http://www.qarchives.com/A_Warning_to_A_Pretender_to_Divinity
AhmedC

Re: John Hugh Smyth-Pigott

Postby Schams83 » 20 Jul 2009, 20:43

Salam,

the explanation would probably be that this Mr Smyth Pigott had repended in his heart and inoffically took bai'at...

The other example conerning Mr Dowie is often taken by them as a big sign prooving the "truth" of Mirza Ghulam...

It seems to me that his prophecies were a lottery or just his type how he past the time...
Schams83

Postby Hussain » 27 Jul 2009, 16:31

Brilliant find. May I ask how this was found? Anyone know where the original can be found?

Schams83 - good point but since the brother found this I've been doing endless research on it and that usual cop out prophecy excuse will not work. J.H Smyth-Pigotts reaction when he was defrocked by the Church of England in 1909 was "I am God. It does not matter what they do". So no he didn't repent and neither did he stop his claim... this is AFTER MGA had died. Aw not to mention I have a newspaper report dating back to March 1927 (the year J.H.S.P. died) which states upon his death his followers refused to believe their 'messiah' died and they professed to believe that he lives for evermore... does that sound like someone who gave up his beliefs and repented? In addition to this MGA himself says that Pigott will NOT REPENT. So this leaflet alone destroys this cult.

P.S. is everyone here aware of the article in the Boston Herald entitled 'Great Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Messiah'? Well this article (which can be seen - not read - on the official eGazette magazine - focuses on Dowie and completely ignores Pigott) contains this prophecy too and refers to Pigott in the words of MGA as the great pretender to divinity which proves the authenticity of this leaflet. Amazing. The only thing I am looking for now is an authoritative text which proves Pigott continued his beliefs. There are a couple of books available but I am having a hard time getting hold of them.

Matthews, Ronald: English Messiahs Studies of Six English Religious Pretenders
Waite, Vincent (1964). Portrait of the Quantocks. London: Robert Hale
"The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 661)
Hussain

Postby shahid » 27 Jul 2009, 16:57

Brother, the team has found a lot of stuff and insha'Allah we will reveal all soon. You can get a copy of the Pigott booklet from the Wiki that Akber has pointed to. There's lots more to come!
shahid

Postby Hussain » 27 Jul 2009, 17:24

Really? Thats fantastic! I'm looking forward to more of the good work by the team.

I got the leaflet off qarchives but what I meant was... say it is presented to an Ahmadi and the source is not alislam and they reject it claiming it is bogus and made and printed by 'enemies', how would we refute this? I do have that article that they are so proud of from the Boston Herald in which MGA makes the same prophecy so I guess that kinda refutes the unauthentic claim (should they make it). But I just wanted to know if there was like an authoritative source for its existence this its authenticity can't be questioned and they will have to admit it is genuine.

P.S. I haven't come across anyone claiming its fake but thats the only argument I can see Ahmadis coming up with...
"The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 661)
Hussain

Postby shahid » 27 Jul 2009, 17:32

Brother, it's not fake, trust me, I would not have any reason to lie, if it was fake, I could be totally discredited as could Akber. We are always very careful. Sometimes sources need to be protected. We are dealing with a religious Mafia here. I hope you understand akhi.
shahid

Postby Hussain » 27 Jul 2009, 17:41

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt about your honesty and the authenticity of the leaflet. I just wanted to avoid the easy cop-out if presented to an Ahmadi if they say it is fake. Maybe I should print it out and take it to their temple and ask them why they haven't preserved the 'holy' words of their Mahdi/Messiah/Prophet and of their God. Aw and I'm assuming you got this from someone i.e. face to face kinda thing. In that case I wouldn't expect you to reveal the source. Not to worry, if they claim it is fake I have the article they champion to back up the fact that it isn't...
Hussain

Re: John Hugh Smyth-Pigott - Q&A

Postby AhmedC » 27 Jul 2009, 22:30

1. Where did we find this? Brother Shahid found a stash of old books next to a building that was being renovated. Presumably, it belonged to an old English lady who died recently. Thank God, this great collection of literature about Ahmadiyya did not go to waste. Since we brought it to light, Lahoris have acknowledged this to be a publication of MGA. Qadianis, intellectually dead, are silent.
2. Did Smyth-Piggott repent? Of course not. This is why this is so powerful. There is great documentary evidence of Smyth-Pigott and his followers, and the fact that he claimed to be Jesus and God until his end, and the last of his followers believed it until his death.
3. Significant? The wording of this is remarkably clear, and the failure even more clear. Why did MGA not hedge his bets in this case? My guess is that the newspaper report he read about Smith-Pygott said that police had to protect him once for his safety. MGA and M. Ali may have assumed that his quick end his assured. He is also referred to in the Dowie pamphlet published in USA, but Ahmadis are silent on him.
4. Silence? Of course. Why is this great prophecy not touted? Is it any lesser? Why?

Any Ahmadi who gives this 5 minutes of clear thought will finally realise what MGA was. I know it is hard to believe that he could have been a charlatan, but it is the simple incontrovertible truth.
AhmedC

Postby Hussain » 27 Jul 2009, 23:41

SubhaanAllah... thats amazing! If you guys get a chance please do post the documentary evidence of Pigott. Great work!
Hussain

Piggott would NOT repent

Postby Fuad » 23 Aug 2009, 10:46

((The Promised Messiah prayed about Piggott (a Priest of London who had claimed to be God) and saw in a dream some books on which was written three times: Holy, Holy, Holy; and then received a revelation (Arabic): Allah is Severe in retribution. They are not acting righteously.

The Promised Messiah explained this as meaning that Piggott was in a bad way and would not repent and would not believe in God. There is also the indication that his claiming to be God is an evil thing and that he will be afflicted with God's chastisement. It is a very daring thing to claim to be God
)) - Badr Vol. I Nos. 5 and 6, Nov. 8 and Dec. 5, 1902 p. 4

Repent.JPG
Piggott was in a bad way and would not repent
Repent.JPG (116.84 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
Fuad

Next

Return to Key Topics