Change the name of this website!!!!

Moderator: admin

Change the name of this website!!!!

Postby Ihsan » 27 Oct 2009, 22:19

When you do a search of Qadianism or Ahmadiyah, google isnt going to bring up Cult.

I think the web name is really not appropriate.......

I think you guys should change it.

Its a real mission finding it.......

who else agrees?#

I think when you renew your domain name PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE IT TO SOMETHING MORE appropriate
Ihsan

Re: Change the name of this website!!!!

Postby shahid » 28 Oct 2009, 02:04

Thanks for your suggestion, but your rationale doesn't appear to be very clear.

Ahmadiyya official sites will always appear near the top of a google search. A google search is not the only way to find a website. In any case, try googling "ahmadiyya cult". SEO isn't just about changing the domain name of a site, though that is a factor.

We have also mentioned the name of the site on TV and will continue to do so. We must expose Qadianism as a cult, it is effective and accurate. Thus the name.

We will discuss your proposal if you can give more concrete reasons for a name change, but in the meantime, I've made an SEO change that should help the rankings, insha'Allah, in a few days.

If you can encourage Muslim sites to link to thecult.info - that would also help boost our rankings in the search engines. Especially if they use the term "Ahmadiyya" and "cult" in their link text.
shahid

Postby Ihsan » 08 Nov 2009, 19:43

well shahid I agree its a cult, but I still think you should use the word ahmadi in the address, even if you call it ahmadi-cult.com
so when you type ahmadi it comes up
Ihsan

Postby shahid » 23 Nov 2009, 01:18

If you search for ahmadi cult, we come 2nd and 3rd in Google, pretty spectacular, don't you think?
shahid

Postby truthseeker » 04 Dec 2009, 18:37

shahid wrote:Thanks for your suggestion, but your rationale doesn't appear to be very clear.

Ahmadiyya official sites will always appear near the top of a google search. A google search is not the only way to find a website. In any case, try googling "ahmadiyya cult". SEO isn't just about changing the domain name of a site, though that is a factor.

I disagree with you. I remembered not long ago when googling Ahmadiyya the top results were in fact anti-ahmadiyya. This doesn't mean you have to change the URL, but I just want to encourage you that in fact you can be viewed at the top, even if you're not an ahmadiyya website......

Maybe you can place a link on the ahmadiyya wiki topic?
truthseeker

Postby Ihsan » 15 Dec 2010, 22:32

I am so delighted that at loooooooooooooong last the decision has come through to change the website name.
We all know and recognise that ahmadiyya is a cult, but shoving the name at people doesnt help communicate with ahmadis.
well done to the admin for being big enough to take on board suggestions
Ihsan

Postby shahid » 18 Dec 2010, 03:04

You were right.
shahid

Return to Suggestions